1.22.2009

Booth 1001: High tech underwear, low tech racing team

Does it seem a tad ironic that telemark skiers, users of the least technologically advanced snowsports equipment this side of a flexible flyer, should embrace some of the most technologically advanced underwear available? I mean, don't people gravitate towards tele BECAUSE it's more challenging?

That said, you can see why I gave a double take when I read the recent press release about high tech base layer manufacturer CW-X sponsoring the U.S. Telemark Ski Association. But after giving it some thought, I must concede that I would absolutely embrace a pair of drawers that would keep me from blowing up half way through an early season day of tele turns.

From the press release:

"The Wacoal Sports Science Corporation, makers of CW-X® Conditioning Wear (www.cw-x.com), has signed an exclusive agreement to become the “Official Baselayer Supplier” of the U.S. Telemark Ski Association. The agreement will put members of the U.S. National Telemark Ski Team in CW-X Tights and Tops from December 2008 through the end of 2009."

CW-X / Wacoal Sport Science Corp
Booth 1001
www.cw-x.com

No comments:

Post a Comment