With the eagerly, eagerly, eagerly awaited unveiling of the ONYX Alpine Touring Binding, G3 Genuine Guide Gear has finally put their best ski forward into the lock-it-down universe of fixed-heel skiing.
I'm sure the thing skis like a Birdseye carpenter on a Wednesday, but what's in the name? Is it ...
* Onyx, the sweetest dirt-skiing town in California (population 476)?
* Onyx, the AT capital of the Power Rangers Universe?
* Onyx, the hot female pro wrestler Kyle McNeely
* Onyx, the Queens-based hip-hop songsters known for their cross-eyed slightly insane member, Sticky Fingaz?
* Onyx, the pre-wacko 2004 tour of Britney Spears?